PEFTA 2012: MEET THE FINALISTS
Ten student designers made it to the finals of this year's Preview Emerging Fashion Talent Awards (PEFTA) from the country's top fashion design schools, Slim's Fashion and Arts School, the Fashion Institute of the Philippines (FIP), the School of Fashion and the Arts (SoFA), and the University of the Philippines' Clothing, Textiles and Interior Design Department (UP).They were all nominated by their respective schools, and were carefully chosen by Preview editors Pauline Juan, Vince Uy, and Daryl Chang as finalists for the first leg of the competition.
They will execute one design each from their individual portfolios, to be presented to the PEFTA panel of judges in the middle of the year. The judges will pick the five best designs that epitomize this year's theme, Silhouette, and the winning student designers will join five other designers to make up Preview's roster of designers to watch for 2012.
The ten finalists are:
- Monina Gatan, Slim's Fashion and Arts School
- Li-J Eleazar, Slim's Fashion and Arts School
- Jaypee Vendiola, Slim's Fashion and Arts School
- Daniel Concepcion, School of Fashion and the Arts
- Tipay Caintic, School of Fashion and the Arts
- Danika Navarro, School of Fashion and the Arts
- Vince Tolentino, School of Fashion and the Arts
- James Imperial, Fashion Institute of the Philippines
- Emir Yamamoto, Fashion Institute of the Philippines
- Rex Geronimo, University of the Philippines
Click on the photo gallery to see the ten finalists and the respective sketches they will execute for this year's competition.